Thursday 29 September 2011

1 MONTH TO GO!

Ahhhhh it's all becoming just that little bit more real now!! In one month's time I will be sitting on the plane, somewhere over the Atlantic and I'll be honest - that scares me a little bit! Of course it excites me (to the extent I want to jump around the room) but it's quite a big deal that I'll be gone from everything I know and is familiar.

Today is the hottest day that September's ever had apparently. The weather is rediculous in this country... only a few days ago I read that the average temperature this summer was 13 degrees celsius this year... and then today it is 28 degrees! Crazy! Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that feeling the warmth of the sun on your face really reminds you what it's like over in Florida - even in the winter! There's not a cloud in the sky and it means the sun is really strong today - it's amazing. I'm off to Bournemouth for the first time in about 8 months on Saturday as I'm going to meet up with some old Uni friends - looks like it will be beach weather then too, how perfect! But it's strange to be meeting up with so many people I haven't seen for a while mainly because I'll be gone for 12 months before I know it... I saw my friend Alex for a yummy lunch a few days ago, my Bournemouth friends on Saturday, then my Godmother on Monday. I'm also thinking about my birthday/leaving party on the 22nd October as well as my Disney leaving do as well.

Everything is paid for apart from the Program Assessment Fee which I can't do until Disney have emailed me with the details I need. That's the last $100 to pay and then I'm all set... the next thing to do will be to pack! I have worked out how to make 'pages' on this blog which you can access from the tabs above - one of them is a 'bucket list'. I've done this because I want to make sure I use the most of being in the USA for a year... I may not necessarily achieve everything on the list but I will definitely try! 

1 comment: