Monday 7 January 2013

CANADA! Part One!

On Friday it was time for a new adventure! We left at 8am and got Chick-fil-A breakfast before heading to the airport for my flight to Canada. I checked my bag and then ran into Fay in security which was funny because she was going to get her flight home to the UK. It was nice to be able to say goodbye to her one last time as she was my extension buddy. I got my first flight to Philadelphia which was fine and then only had 40 minutes to change to my second flight. Got there in perfect timing and got on the tiny plane for the flight to Toronto.

When I got off the plane it was SO COLD! I got my bag and then headed to get the bus which I'd already looked up. Got on the bus which was a bit of a squish to the subway station Kipling and then got on the tube to St George. Once I got there I found the exit and went out into the bitter cold (it was below zero!) to the coffee shop just down the street and found Tyler easily! Yay!! We got back on the subway and went to his apartment which wasn't far away. After dumping my stuff there we went to Panera Bread at this place called the Eaton Centre and then wondered through the mall there which was really nice. I'm hoping to go back there tomorrow when Tyler has to work. We stopped by the shop to get a bottle of wine then spent a nice evening watching Pitch Perfect!

On Saturday, Tyler didn't feel too good... we had a lazy day in the end. We did venture downtown and walked around near the CN tower as well as see the waterfront. I spent the evening watching Cheaper By The Dozen 2 and Tyler slept off his flu-ey thing!

Sunday, Tyler was feeling a lot better and he had to work. We got breakfast bagels and grabbed some stuff from the shop before getting changed and going to the mall he works at. He's a lead at the Disney Store so I spent a few hours "shadowing" him (mainly tidying plush and folding t-shirts haha). It reminded me instantly of working at TDS... even though I was in a different country and in a different type of DS I still felt exactly the same. After we finished, we got a pizza and spent the evening watching Honey Boo Boo on TLC and then the movie Signs.

And that brings me to today - Monday! I can't believe it's been a week since New Years Eve, it seems so much longer. We're off doing more exploring and I think Starbucks is calling now!

No comments:

Post a Comment